Friday, June 6, 2014

Three Months Calls for Celebration



The most important events in our lives are synonymous with times of celebration. These exciting moments are quick glimpses of bliss in our otherwise chaotic and time obedient schedules.

This rings true when it comes to raising a child as well, in that each milestone serves as a great instance that is immediately stored as a special memory. Thus far, there has been no milestone more significant to me than Charlotte turning three-months-old.

Why does three months of age hold so much meaning to me?

Being completely naive to childhood development, I researched the basics on what to expect when raising a baby during their first year, as well as consulted my local expert, aka "mom." My findings pointed to three months being the age that I could expect some of the most exciting milestones: neck strength and head control, increased hand eye coordination and more. At three months Charlotte is a lot more fun to play with, and she enjoys looking around on walks and being entertained by toys. Not to mention that all the cool toys aren't recommended until this young age.

Three months is also a reason for celebration, because Charlotte and I have reached our first goal of exclusively breastfeeding. Sometimes breastfeeding holds challenges and puts restraints on me that are similar to when I was pregnant, especially because I tend to avoid bottle feeding (I think it's a hassle). However, I'm still enjoying the convenience of breastfeeding, and I really do think that it is a huge reason Charlotte is such an easy-going baby. That and my parenting style, which is "you can't spoil a baby."

So, congratulations on the milestones you've reached recently in your lives, whether it's with your children or it is a personal success that will remain a picture perfect moment in your memory forever. It seems like we're celebrating a potty training success one day, and then suddenly that same baby is walking at their college graduation the next. 

No matter what is on the calendar today, it marks a privilege to enjoy each moment gifted in our precious lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment