Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A New Endeavor — Starting a Local Mom's Group


I've started a mom's group, and I can't say that it was my idea. About two weeks ago, my little sister mentioned to me that I should organize a community for local mothers to meet up with their kids to share advice, stories and friendship. I entertained the idea for a couple days, but among my other responsibilities of work and home, I dismissed the concept by telling myself that I just didn't have the time.

Fast forward to last Sunday . . . 
Here I am at a baby shower for one of my girls of whom I have no mutual friends. I was quickly introduced to another mom who has a baby boy only weeks younger than my sweet Charlotte. We began chatting back and forth, and we immediately found out that we had so much in common. Just minutes into our conversation, she looked at me and asked with a smile, "Are you in a mom's group?" Instantly, I had a realization that this conversation was happening for a purpose . . . I needed to start a meet-up for local moms with little ones. 


Today, I decided to make good on the commitment I made with myself, and I've started my mom's group, "Modern Mamas Social Club." I was sure to invite some of my favorite local moms, and they invited their friends. While I've done a ton of research on mom's groups . . . I'm still a newbie to this whole thing. I'm so excited to meet up with other moms and their minis, and I am also happy to learn more about what will make this group valuable to all its members. 

Feel free to share your advice below for running or being a part of a mom's group! 

No comments:

Post a Comment