Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Me Time - Mom Time

Treat Yourself to a Massage RegularlyPregnant or Not
Tonight Josh and I attended our hospital tour to check out where little Charlotte will come into the world. The tour started out with an informative video about breastfeeding. Of course, Josh was cracking jokes throughout the whole video just like he did when we'd watch videos in our childbirth classes. It may seem immature, but I really do appreciate his sense of humor, because it keeps me from breaking into tears every time a newborn comes on the screen.

Anyway, this video was informative because it validated the reality that it is going to be pretty difficult to find time for myself once my little bundle of love has arrived. Newborns should be breastfed 8-12 times a day! This is great news for my future of burning calories, but it will be hard to get away when the little bug depends on my body for nourishment. However, I'm determined to make sure that I'm able to make some time for myself once Charlotte, Josh and I have settled into our new life.

In order to ensure that this "Mom Time" happens, I've been utilizing my last couple months of freedom to get myself in this habit. Going out of my way to take "Me Time" at least once a week has been fantastic. This has consisted of pampering myself in any way possible by having breakfast at my favorite restaurant with sisters and friends, getting prenatal massages, manicures and pedicures every other week, going shopping and even getting a haircut (something that usually happens less than once a year). These small outings may seem insignificant, but they often proved to be the highlight of my week.

The goal of this blog is to keep me in the habit of writing every day, especially because I'm not doing so for work at the moment. While writing is definitely something I enjoy doing, it's going to be important to get out of the house to pamper myself with a friend or sister as well. Whether or not this actually happens is not something I'm currently concerned about, I think for now it's the thought that counts.

Whether or not you're a mom, make sure to you set time aside to do whatever it is that makes you happy at least once a week. You'll thank yourself later.

No comments:

Post a Comment