Monday, February 3, 2014

Nested



I've only been on maternity leave for a little over a week now, and I'm nearing the end of my to do list. Not only am I nearing the end, but I'm sure my fiance and I haven't left any backup chores to do once the tasks on list are checked off. We've organized every closet, room and cupboard in the house. We've swept, mopped, dusted, vaccuumed and laundered damn near every inch, and today I cleaned my bathroom beyond recognition.

Charlotte's crib is set up with beautiful lavendar and dark purple bedding. The shelves of the changing table hold storage cubes that are jam-packed and organized with a million different baby items we received from our shower. Her little closet area is filled with hanging and folded miniature outfits that have already been washed in the finest baby friendly detergent. Not to mention, her clothes for the next year of her life (both new and hand-me-downs) have been washed, organized and stored away in clean, labeled containers. It's safe to say that my only job now is to relax my swollen ankles, eat, exercise and wait for my little one to decide to grace us with her precense.

If Charlotte decided to come a little early, I'd be busy with chores to dobathing, feeding, diaper changing, cleaning . . . at least I can be sure that my future will be quite busy. Until then, I sit here with my cute little pups wondering when I can justify sweeping the entire house again.


No comments:

Post a Comment