Friday, December 12, 2014

Our Favorite Things — Baby Moccasins by MocMommy

Tis the season to go shopping! And what better places to shop than small businesses?
I'm trying to stay modest this year when it comes to buying Charlotte Christmas presents for two reasons. 1 - She's a baby, and she won't remember or understand what's happening. 2 - I want to make family and giving back the primary focuses for Christmas, instead of shopping and receiving gifts.

That being said, I decided that aside from a couple toys, we would buy Charlotte practical gifts for Christmas. And since she walked for the first time yesterday (six consecutive steps!), I think I know one of the things Charlotte will be getting in her stocking—baby moccs!


I knew early on that I wanted to get Charlotte moccasins when she started walking, because they are perfect for a first time walker. I spent a couple weeks following different moccasin makers and falling in love with all the styles and colors offered online. However, the average price I was running in to was upwards of $30 . . . and to be honest with you, I don't even spend that much on my own shoes. So, I kept searching, and finally I came across MocMommy's Etsy Shop. I could not believe it when I saw that all the moccasins in her shop were priced below $10, and with shipping I was able to get these red leather cuties delivered to my door for $10.50.

After ripping open the packaging, I tried the moccs on Charlotte to ensure they fit, and to my surprise they actually did! For one, baby Charlie has such chubby feet that I haven't been able to find one pair of shoes that fit her up until now. Also, she likes to curl her toes when I attempt to put shoes on, which only adds to our struggle. Luckily, these adorable red shoes have an elastic band sewed under the fabric around the ankle, allowing for Charlotte's fat feet to slip right into the shoe, toes curled and all. Then, the soft sole on the bottom gave me the ability to straighten out her toes, making it possible for her to feel comfortable enough to walk. 


Since I ordered these awesome little kicks, MocMommy has added even more adorable styles to her store . . . still at the same ridiculously low prices! Check out all her handmade cuties, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 


What are you getting your children for Christmas?? Please comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment