Saturday, January 24, 2015

Baby Milestones — 11 Months Old

Our Little Dancing Queen

It's a little hard to believe that my bean is almost one-year-old. Time flies when you're having fun, and that's exactly what hanging out with Charlotte is now. She's growing up so fast, and I love watching her develop more and more every day. Here is what's new with our 11-month-old angel.

Walking. Or should I say running? Crawling is no longer needed for Charlotte, because she walks with ease. It's at the point that I'll let her walk around outside without worrying about her falling every 10 seconds. She is also climbing up onto objects, usually to aid her in a devious plan. We're in trouble with this one.

Talking. Charlotte has some new words that I think are adorable and impressive. For starters, one of her favorite words is "mama," which obviously makes me melt, even when she's crying it. What's even cooler is that she says absolutely perfectly, "up." Her grandpa tears up whenever she says "Papa," and I'm pretty sure she is on the verge of getting the word "doggy" down.

Signing. I haven't been consistent enough with Charlotte for her to really know baby signs, but there are a few that managed to stick. The first is "more." She's been doing this for a couple months, but now she really understands the reason for it. Another sign she does is from her favorite TV show, Signing Time. Today she was signing "table." How cute is that?

Dancing. With a mom who's a former cheerleader and a dad that's an amazing musician, Charlotte has music in her soul. When a song comes on or even if someone is just talking in a pleasant enough tone, Charlotte can't help but bang her head, swing her arms, and bounce and sway her little body around.

Sleeping. She's starting to drop her second nap of the day, however this comes with a benefit—she's sleeping much more soundly at night. Last night, for example, she slept from 9p.m. to 4a.m. without interruptions. Josh and I felt like we were on vacation!


Beyond that, I'm starting to work more, leaving Charlotte for longer periods of time. She is still breastfed, so for her to go up to six hours without fussing for her mom (aka the boob) is quite an accomplishment. I'm starting to feel less depended on, because she really enjoys spending time with her dad, grandma or aunties when I'm away. In less than a month my little will be one-year-old, and I couldn't be more excited. I love watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment