Thursday, February 5, 2015

Our Trip to the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden

Charlotte signing "more" at the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden

It's not always easy to enjoy family activities with a little one in tow. I like to think of Charlotte as a ticking time bomb sometimes. There's only so much time before she's hungry or tired, and that usually gives me a little over an hour of her enjoying an activity before she wants to breastfeed or take a nap.

Last Sunday Josh, Charlotte and I went to visit the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden in Claremont for a feature I was writing IEShineOn.com. We woke up bright and early to ensure we'd be on time to the 8a.m. Free Family-Friendly Bird Walk, which led us through the beautiful garden with a guide sharing his bird expertise. We saw a ton of birds and native plants, and Charlotte lasted a whole hour! Once she started screaming and potentially scaring away any type of wildlife within sight, we decided to head out early to avoid ruining the rest of our group's time.

Photo Credit to Josh! ;)

Josh and I originally visited the garden with my family probably six months before I found out I was pregnant with Charlotte. We were looking for wedding venues, and we fell in love with the garden. It was fun to visit with our sweet girl. We want to make it a point to expose her to the beautiful world around her, and the Botanic Garden in Claremont was a great place to do so. Where do you like to take your little ones? Please share below!

Check out more about our experience in my article for IEShineOn: http://www.ieshineon.com/article/socal-families-|-rancho-santa-ana-botanic-garden/

No comments:

Post a Comment