Sunday, September 7, 2014

Our Favorite Things — A Great Deal

Girls Ballet Flats for $9

While I have no problem spending large amounts of money on cameras, computers, phones and body jewelry, making things like clothes and shoes into expenses is not my style. I hope that my daughter can appreciate this when she is an adult, but if not I can always look forward to borrowing her designer garb.

My thriftiness and love of a great deal is something that can benefit my nieces from time to time. I am by no-means a shopaholic, but if I have a free shipping coupon on top of a killer deal, I might be tempted into some early back-to-school shopping.

Recently, my younger sister and I had the pleasure of picking up my niece from school. After an enjoyable lunch, we stopped into Payless (my old stomping grounds) to check out their BOGO (Buy One, Get One Half Off) deal.

After finding out the canvas Ninja Turtle slip-ons were out of stock in her size, my six-year-old niece found some American Eagle ballet flats in coral for only $9. Running through the store to test out their speed, she was happy with her pick. We purchased a second pair of ballet flats that were also on clearance for only $5, which came out to $2.50 with the BOGO deal. 

I enjoy buying nice things, and by saving money on the less important things, we are able to splurge on what we love. Although I do love to support small local businesses, sometimes I run into deals I can't refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment